- Responsible for maintaining good and constant relationship/communication with suppliers.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the destination as a whole.
- Negotiates all parts of the hotel contracts; rates, EBB’s, allotments, releases, payment terms, deposits, guarantees, brochure contribution, groups policies, rep accommodations, concepts, exclusivities and any and all information in relation to contracs. For both Canada and the U.S.market.
- Weekly meeting with respective team (Buyers/Specialists) to review sales and develop weekly strategy (review rate reduction charts, promotions being pursued, master product plan updating as well as any and all relevant charts to the business.
- Renegotiate rates on an ongoing basis to ensure competitiveness and reaching long term projections.
- Continuously analyze and review feasibility of new destinations and hotels.
- Ensure brochure descriptions are reviewed and updated as necessary.
- Review long term strategy and goals with suppliers.
- Quality Control of all contracts.
- Evaluate and monitor on an ongoing basis the sales forecast and profitability of routes and hotels.
- Negotiate ground operator contracts; excursions, transfers, commission on tour sales (Nexus).
- Initiate marketing relationship and discussions with suppliers and transition to marketing department.
- Develop and maintain relationship with tourist boards and hotel associations as required.
- Review destination weekly reports (DWR’s) and address any consistent deficiencies with suppliers.
- Travel required, attend trade shows and destination functions as required.- Visit hotel and competitors hotels on a regular basis and keep abreast of local developments.
- Assist all other departments as necessary.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years working experience within the Travel Industry- preferably in the Product Department.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in market conditions and possess and in depth knowledge of Sun destinations and hotels.
- Fluent in Spancish and French a strong asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Organizational skills, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
|At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.|
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Sunwing will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Apply for this Position|
|If you are interested in applying, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. We would like to thank all who apply, however only successful applicants will be contacted.|
TICO Ont Reg #2476582 | #4276176, Quebec licensee holder #702928 | British Columbia License #39606
27 Fasken Drive Toronto, Ontario M9W 1K6