|Toronto, ON, Canada|
|OVERALL OBJECTIVE: |
The Social Media Assistant will be responsible for generating compelling and shareable posts to support the social media channels for the following brands that form part of the Sunwing Travel Group: Sunwing Vacations, Signature Vacations, SellOffVacations.com and Wedding Vacations.com. The successful candidate is expected to be someone that lives and breathes social media trends, sees how other brands are succeeding and brainstorms how these ideas can be applied to our brands. A skilled copywriter with a creative eye for detail, the incumbent of this role will be as visually gifted as they are verbal and will enjoy sourcing images and video clips to illustrate different social media messaging. The Social Media Assistant will report to the Content Specialist and be located in Toronto, ON.
- Helps to grow our social media brand awareness through creation of compelling social content
- Writes and uploads social media posts across various brands that form part of the Sunwing Travel Group and utilizes social media tools such as geo-targeting and language specifications to increase post performance and reach
- Assists the Content Specialist to engage and share more content posted by our network of trusted partners and watches daily and weekly trending topics and content to utilize on our social channels to increase user relevance
- Assists the Content Specialist and Creative team to source user generated images using GetChute; resizes images using Photoshop and enhances images using filters etc.
- Assists both the Content Specialist and the PR Specialist with the writing and editing of company blogs, sales and promotional copy projects and other related social activity such as Instagram takeovers, contesting, and scripts for Twitter parties etc. as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications (specialization in social media or digital media highly advantageous)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be organized and practice effective time management
- Able to work in fast paced environment with a sense of urgency
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment.
- Able to work and share responsibilities within a team environment.
- Sensitive to deadlines
|If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by November 1, 2016. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.|
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Sunwing will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Apply for this Position|
|If you are interested in applying please Apply here. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.|
TICO Ont Reg #2476582 | #4276176, Quebec licensee holder #702928 | British Columbia License #39606
27 Fasken Drive Toronto, Ontario M9W 1K6