|Toronto, ON, Canada|
The Group Excursion Sales Specialist will work with Nexus to identify and target excursions for different types of groups (friends, families, weddings, incentive, corporate/team building, adventure, golf/sports, etc.). The position will report directly to the Director, Group Sales and will be located in Toronto, ON.
- Work with Nexus and Marketing to create a plan to promote unique group excursion offers
- Negotiate tactical offers and group terms and conditions to suit the Canadian market
- Suggest sales strategies for direct consumer groups vs retail groups, identify usp’s and strategies for sales challenges
- Work with Nexus and Marketing to generate group excursion sales materials to be made available on consumer and agent sites as well as linked to quotes, contracts and invoices that target different types of groups
- Subject matter expert on Nexus group excursions
- Contact group leads and bookings, either the travel agent or group leader, to promote Nexus excursions, follow up and close sales
- Provide price quotes for group excursions including custom excursions – work with Nexus team to coordinate pricing of group requirements. Direct sales to maximize margins as advised by Nexus team
- Establish efficient operational procedures between this position, Sunwing Groups Sales team and Nexus to support service excellence
- Assist in integrating excursion sales into the Sunwing Group Sales team and BDM’s through training, sales development and process efficiency
- Provide training and support to Sunwing BDMs for group excursion sales
- Request reporting to track sales. Establish kpi’s for the Group Sales team
- Maintain general product knowledge and participate in ongoing training
- Minimum 3 years telephone sales and customer service experience, preferably within the travel industry.
- Demonstrate passion for sales, customer focused.
- Pleasant telephone manner, excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoys working directly with customers.
- Detail oriented, organized and capable of multi-tasking.
- Demonstrates initiative with problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience with MS Office (email, Word, Excel).
Knowledge of Soft Voyage TTS an asset.
- TICO certification required.
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Capable to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently or as a team.
- This position requires broad knowledge (sales, services and numeric capability) across multiple department functions.
| If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by December 2, 2016. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.|
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Sunwing will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Apply for this Position|
|If you are interested in applying please Apply here. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.|
TICO Ont Reg #2476582 | #4276176, Quebec licensee holder #702928 | British Columbia License #39606
27 Fasken Drive Toronto, Ontario M9W 1K6