|Toronto, ON, Canada|
Toronto, ON, Canada
The Social Media and Engagement Specialist will manage the day to day execution social media for all Hotel and Resorts division. This role also oversees the destination guest engagement and corporate events. The role will report to the Public Relations & Social Media Manager and will be located in Toronto, ON.
- Work with Public Relations & Social Media Manager on developing Social Media Strategy
- Manage all Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Trip Advisor, Google Plus, Instagram) for all hotels and ensure all properties are on strategy/brand for both Cuba and the America’s
- Work with Community Manager’s at destination, approve their social media content and ensure the timely and effective responses to guest questions and reviews – timely communication to GMs when trends or negative sentiment is occurring
- Set goals and objectives along with the Brand Manager for the Community Managers to ensure the social strategy is constantly being strived for and surpassed
- Ongoing training of the Community Managers - ensuring strong engagement with our Hotel Guests
- Travel frequently to destination to ensure alignment between Hotels and corporate office
- Oversee and execute corporate events at destination
- Manage Hootsuite Enterprise, ensure Community Managers are trained and effectively utilize this tool
- Provide reports weekly on social engagement and activity
- Make recommendations to the team regarding contests, promotions and other customer engagement ideas to drive the social strategy for the hotel
- Must be fluent in English and Spanish (verbal and written)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience overseeing social media in a business environment which has included multiple brands
- Experience in working with Hootsuite on an enterprise level.
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience in executing corporate events
- Strong coach, able to motivate team members from different cultures and countries
- Must be organized and practice effective time management
- Experience in the hotel industry is required
ENVIRONMENT AND SCOPE:
- Fast paced, deadline oriented work environment
- Works closely with Payload, Planning and Scheduling and Customer Support and must adapt to varying communication styles
- Volume varies seasonally
- Able to work and share responsibilities within a team environment
- Availability for extensive business travel as part of the role (35 to 40%)
- The position operates outside of normal business hours (evenings/weekends)
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your application by December 16, 2016. We thank all who apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.
At Sunwing our employees are the difference. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), Sunwing will also provide reasonable accommodations, accessible formats and communication supports upon request to persons with disabilities who take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
|Apply for this Position|
|If you are interested in applying please Apply here. We thank all that apply however only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted.|
TICO Ont Reg #2476582 | #4276176, Quebec licensee holder #702928 | British Columbia License #39606
27 Fasken Drive Toronto, Ontario M9W 1K6